Electric vehicles (EVs) aren’t the stuff of science fiction, they are very real and they are here to stay!
If you haven’t seen an electric vehicle for yourself, come along to a Leading The Charge event. At these events, you will be able to talk to some of the owners or read information about the current EV situation in New Zealand and what steps are being taken to increase uptake.
16 - 17 NOVEMBER, 10AM - 6PM DAILY
20th Anniversary Show
This is the big event with an expected 30,000+ people attending. Big Boys Toys is not just for boys; and it's not the kind of expo that you just walk around looking at things. This will be a hands-on show, where you can experience, challenge, learn and have a fun day out with the whole family.
There will be five halls packed with the ‘latest and greatest’ in products and services, allowing you to try and buy the brands you love. Just maybe you'll uncover some new favourites.
Electric Vehicles will again star in the Electric Avenue and the Better NZ Trust will be teaming up with EECA on a joint stand.
But there is more to see than just us. Some Electric Avenue highlights include:
- Talk to the people behind the world record-breaking motorcycle "KillaJoule"
- Tesla will be joining the exhibitors this year with a stand right beside ChargeNet.
- Have a look at a fully electric Britz Campervan.
- Sign up with the EVAA
- Buy an electric skateboard or scooter
- Check out the commuter bikes from Smart Motion and electric mountain bikes from Specialized
- plus plenty more brands
- ALSO! the chance to drive an EV fast, around the outdoor track.
And in other halls, the action continues:
- The unveiling of the 2018 BBT Supercar of the Year. (Don't get too excited, it's probably not the Rimac C2)
- Driven Hall, where the latest offerings from ICE dealers will be on show
- Mammoth Action Arena - 3 days of breathtaking shows from extreme athletes
- Construction Zone - Heavy machinery, Give-it-a-Go Excavator Challenge, Helicopter simulator, and more
- The Best of Repco Beach Hop, hotrods and classic cars
- Competitive BBQ teams, battling it out
Child friendly (under 5's free, 5-12yo $5)
Ticket prices range and discounts for families. Early bird prices for book online (see link below)
Parking: There will be no parking in the venue.
For more information: https://bigboystoys.co.nz/
SUNDAY, 25 November 2018, 10 AM - 1:30 PM
The Annual Maungataroto CAR & BIKE SHOW 2018 is on again.Bring your family along for this fun day out and support the school camp fundraiser at the same time. All proceeds go to enabling the Maungatoroto Year 5 & 6 students to attend a week-long camp experience Feb 2019.
#LeadingTheCharge are supporting this field day by bringing a contingent of EVs for display (and possibly rides.)
Other activities on the day will be:
- BBQ and spit-roast sandwiches, bacon butties
- food & market stalls
- commercial exhibitors
- Live entertainment
- Win a drive around the track in a V8
- Kids' entertainment area. Come check out the bouncy castle, face painting and some other attractions thanks to Kidztime
- Prizes for winning car & bike owners "people’s choice car and bike", kids prizes, spot prizes
Volunteers to help with talking to people about EV and/or bring cars are welcome. Cars must be parked by 9 am, using the entry on Hurndall Street (next to Four Square.) Please volunteer via the request for help on the Northland or Auckland EV Owners Pages or contact #LeadingTheCharge Champion: Margaret Baker directly.
Small donation on entry. Proceeds go towards the School Senior Camp.